متن زیر مکالمه ابتدای Unit 6 هست که آماده کردم. برای تقویت توانایی شنیداری (Listening) به این قسمت چند بار گوش بدید و از همون تکنیک Listening که بهتون سر کلاس گفتم استفاده کنید و می توانید برای بهترشدن مکالمه هم برای خودتون یک خلاصه ای از ماجرای داخل درس تعریف کنید.
1. Sonya: I'm a little nervous about the reception. I don't know what to talk about. Anna: Don't worry. Just relax and be yourself.
2. Sonya: Do you know anyone else who's going to be there? Besides Allie, I mean.
Anna: Well, Tomiko was a little iffy. But Maria said she would go.
3. Sonya: Where is Allie anyway? I wonder if she forgot.
Anna: Take it easy. She's only twenty minutes late. Where I come from, if you're only 20 minutes late, you're early.
Sonya: Yeah, but the party's supposed to start at 6.
4. Anna: Calm down! Parties never start on time.
Sonya: This is driving me crazy! I'll bet Allie just forgot.
... Do you know where the party is? Maybe we
could take the bus.
Anna: Allie'll be here any minute. Take my word for it.
But I'll tell you what—let's give her a call and find out whether she's left or not.
5. Allie: Hi, Sonya. Hi, Anna. Hop in.
Sonya: Where have you been?
Allie: What do you mean where have I been? Nowhere. Why? Am I late?
6. Anna: Sonya was about to call the police.
Sonya: That's not true! But you said you were going to pick us up at 5:30, and . . .
Allie: It's only five after six. We've got plenty of time